Sunday, October 23, 2005

Best Gay Blog 9



A Modern Day Tragedy, a 6 month old gay blog, is written by a 17 year old Mormon Southerner who loves writing and gymnastics. He refers to himself through his blog as “Tragedy” and brings us his “tragic” experiences and pains and struggles.

One of the first observations I made on this very well designed blog was the style of his writing. You can tell pretty quickly that this is a younger writer who either has few of the technical aspects of writing down (i.e. punctuation, spelling, etc) or he is simply doing a brain dump and writing skills are a low priority to him. In either case, I am able to picture his thoughts and experiences pretty clearly with little disruption from the mechanics. T certainly has a strong opinion about certain items, such as gay marriage. He recently shared his level of overall self protection in a recent entry, “Also I will never have a joint checking, or savings account. I will never go into business with anyone unless I own 51% of the corporation. I will never tell anyone the name of my personal corporations. I will never tell anyone my future business plans. I will never tell anyone the thing that scares me most. And I will never ever on my grace sign a marriage certificate.”

T brings a nice simple black and deep blue design to his blog. It is evident that he has some level of technical experience since he is using a blogspot domain, but the eBlogger banner does not appear (an indication of an FTP configuration). Go check it out yourselves to provide your own comments with your thoughts. Other recent topics include a weird dream involving funerals, reflections on Columbine, and thoughts of becoming a DJ.

Best Gay Blogs Ratings* out of 10 possible points in each category:
Smart 4
Updated 6
Hotties and Images 1
Funny 7
Design 8
Advertising v Content 8
Bitchy and Honest 8
Unique 7
Following Factor 4

Proactively loves BGB.com 1

Overall Score out of 10:
5.40


* Feel free to bitch back with your comments on the reviews. Also - if you have a blog that you would like Best Gay Blogs to review, feel free to add that suggestion as a comment as well (if you have a weak ego or heart – wouldn’t recommend it)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home