Friday, November 18, 2005

Best Gay Blog 17

"JUB is a great site with so much to offer - I enjoy the blogs as just one part of that!" said one member.

Excerpt from member Seth: I don’t get in here and write too often, but I am so pissed right now that I can hardly stand it. What the fuck is up with George Bush and his speech last night? I’m not even going to get into the whole thing about him mentioning 9/11 to justify the war in Iraq (as if Sudam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden are the same person). But, that did set the stage for a speech that was propaganda for his conservative base from start to finish. No, I don’t want to write about that. What I do want to write about is the rediculous direction Bush is taking in light of the polar opposite steps Canada is taking. Last night we had the President of the United States appear in a live address to the nation on the aniversary of the transition of power in Iraq. The occasion was to drum up support for the war movement. The President could have taken the opportunity to offer a plan on how the war was going to end… the withdrawl strategy. Instead… he went straight to pandering for his conservative base by offering up this little gem. He is worried about the Iraqi constitution and wants to be sure that it defines marriage as a union between one Iraqi man and one Iraqi woman. What the fuck? Is that really where his head is right now? Solidiers are dying… to protect the institution of marriage in Iraq? As you can tell.. I’m livid. What have we done by electing this man as President. I didn’t vote for him, but I still have to live under his rule. I am frightened. In much better news, Canada took a big step forward yesterday by legalizing Gay Marriage across the whole country. It was already legal by most provinces, but now it is a federal “mandate” there (pun intended). This seems exactly like the kind of progressive attitude one would expect humanity to evolve to. Thank you Canada for joining Belgium and the Netherlands in realizing that there is nothing wrong with 2 people, regardless of their sex, to share a life together and to be treated equally under the law. On the same day, two toally different outcomes. I ask you… which would you rather support? As for me… I’m glad JUB is in Canada today.

Continue on JUB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home